You are here: / Archives for Christine Bystrov, MBA
FIND A COACH : Christine Bystrov, MBA
I began as a coaching client myself in May 2017 and it quickly became clear I had a passion for the work. I am now an affiliate with Accomplishment Coaching where I have a part-time coaching practice in addition to my Marketing career as a Brand Manager of Dove Masterbrand and Purpose at Unilever. I am passionate about Coaching because it has brought incredible richness and fulfillment to my life. Here are just a few areas where being coached and coaching others has disrupted my normal habits and sprung me into action:
• CAREER – I originally became a coaching client because I wanted to get promoted in my career as a Brand Manager. I made a declaration with my coach that in one year I would be promoted. One year later, sure enough, I landed one of the most competitive Marketing promotions in one of the biggest CPG companies in the world.
• MARRIAGE – My husband and I used to bicker over everything. With coaching, I took responsibility, stopped playing the “victim” and created a space of trust and love for my partner to do the same. We replaced bickering with open, honest, and loving communication (with the occasional fight over the thermostat or dirty dishes of course…. I am still human!)
• HOME – my husband and I could not decide on how to buy a house. We looked for 3 years. Then, shortly after I began coaching, we bought our dream home in less than 2 weeks and have never looked back.
• LEADERSHIP – I used to approach leadership like a school teacher (being the expert, rewarding good behavior and punishing bad, etc.) and this approach was incredibly limiting. Through coaching, I discovered how to trust my team, truly become comfortable with risk taking, and believe fully and completely in the power of letting others share in the leadership.
• SELF –Putting everyone and everything else first left me frustrated, misunderstood, angry, and disappointed that my needs where never met. Together with my own coach, I developed multiple practices around self-love, self-care, and putting myself first.
If you’ve read this far, I know you’re at least curious. I hope you let your curiosity win so that our paths can cross and mountains can move.
There is no “work you” and “personal you.” There is only one, whole, and complete “you.”